Better Tomorrow Executive Director
Program Manager & Forensic Interviewer
MARIA PAULA GONZALEZ
Bilingual Child & Family Support Specialist
WHAT IS A CAC?
Evidence has proven CAC’s:
- serve as an efficient and cost-effective child abuse response;
- increase the rates of prosecution;
- reduce the length of time to deposition in child abuse cases;
- increase the likelihood that affected children receive medical care;
- improve a child-victim’s access to mental health treatment;
- provide parental/caregiver greater satisfaction in the investigation and prosecution processes involving their child(ren).
What is an MDT (multidisciplinary team)?